I thought I was being a good girl by leaving my pumpkin untouched on the porch. I bought it a bit early, and while I've read that some people carve their pumpkin as early as a week ahead of the big day, my pumpkins never last that long (mainly because they spend part of their evenings in my office).
I left him on the porch to stay cool and happy.
However, the milder weather we've been having seems to have caused my pumpkin to get some moldy patches.
I rushed it inside, chopped off the bottom, carved out as much of the mold as I could, and I have him soaking in a water bath with a bit of bleach in the hope to help it stick around until at least Friday morning.
Here's what he looked like prior to his soaking in my sink ;)
Happy Halloween, folks! Two days left!
Hang on, Mr. Pumpkin.