Skip directly to content

jewelry

5 Undead Heads in the Shop

on July 12, 2010 - 9:45am


As promised, I added five Undead Heads adjustable necklaces to the Ghoulish Goodies Shop yesterday.

Note the beautiful model sporting my wares. I think he's a little thin, but hey, that's advertising right?

Today I'll be making official announcements on twitter and Facebook to let the rest of the online ghoulies know they can pick up a couple of items here. I won't be posting more than 10 items at a time, and every few weeks I might switch out items for sale. I'll be sure to make announcements on the blog.

Funny enough, there has been a lot of communication and a few sales behind the scenes through email. People took my suggestion of "Ask and ye shall receive" to heart and contacted me about items not in the shop. To them, I say thank you for taking the initiative and enjoy your new creatures (they are headed to the post office this morning). So don't be shy if there's a question you want to ask about something you may have seen here in the past that isn't listed as a sales item.

Necklace Display

on June 9, 2010 - 2:39pm

Sometimes a solution doesn't need to be fancy. This one certainly isn't.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to display the Undead Head necklaces I made a bit ago. If they had clasps, I could have gone with a number of creative ways to display them. Alas, they are all on adjustable slipknot chords. With clasps, I or customers could easily undo the necklace to remove them from the display (be it a large tree, as I had originally envisioned it, or even something as simple as a vertical tower).

The next problem I faced was wanting to display as many as I could, in a manner that kept the chords neatly separate and the zombie faces looking straight out at people.

The last objective was to (as always) create this display with items I already had around the house.

A few weeks of brainstorming, and I finally had my eureka moment. I took 2 canvases - one with the canvas material still intact around the wooden frame, and the other with the centre material cut away and then pulled back around the wood. I then epoxied the two together (with the full canvas table-side down), essentially making an open-faced box frame.