**Halloween Movie & TV Trivia
How well do you know your creature culture? A fun quiz for the "Halloween Hardcores" at your next party. They are written in a format that requires the questions to be read aloud (otherwise, some of the answers are obvious because they are mentioned in the next question). I've kept the answers separate, at the end of the questions, just in case some of you ghost-hosts want to have some fun as you read through.
1. In Schultz's Halloween special with Charlie Brown and the gang, Linus goes into the pumpkin patch to wait for whom?
2. In "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", who waits with Linus?
3. In Great Pumpkin, what does Charlie Brown get from people when he goes Trick or Treating?
4. Same special: When Lucy sticks her head into the bucket while playing bobbing for apples, what does she pull out (besides an apple)?
5. Moving onto film. Who is the boogeyman that comes for you in your dreams?
6. How did Freddie Krueger originally die?
7. What occupation did Freddie's mother have?
8. What famous actor made his big screen debut in the first "Nightmare on Elm St" movie?
9. Recite the children's rhyme from "Nightmare on Elm St".
10. Name the horror movie that already has 10 sequels.
11. In "Friday the 13th X", when does the story approximately take place?
a) 4 thousand years in the past
b) 4 hundred years in the past
c) 4 hundred years in the future
d) 4 thousand years in the future
12. In the "Friday the 13th" movies, what is the name of the camp?
13. What is Jason's last name?
14. In "Child's Play", what is the name of the little boy?
15. Chucky the doll is possessed by:
a) the midnight strangler
b) the lakeshore strangler
c) the midnight slasher
d) the lakeshore slasher
16. Where does Andy's mom get the doll?
17. How much does Andy's mom pay for the doll?
18. What famous horror movie is responsible for the catch phrase "They're here"?
19. In "Poltergeist", what pulls Robbie (the son) under the bed?
20. In "Poltergeist", how many children are in the family?
21. At the very end of the original "Poltergeist", what does the father put outside of their motel room?
22. What scream-queen starred in the original (yes, they are making a new version *sigh*) "Prom Night"?
23. What city was the original "Prom Night" movie filmed in?
23. What was the title of the sequel to "Prom Night"?
24. In "Prom Night", what secret does the main group of students share?
25. In the movie "Halloween", what is the name of the killer?
26. In "Halloween", Michael's mask is the mold of what famous actor's face?
27. Name 3 Stephen King novels or stories that have been made into scary movies (not made for t.v. movies).
28. In the movie "Carrie", what did Carrie get drenched in onstage?
29. In "Hell Raiser", what is the villain called?
30. In "A Nightmare Before Christmas", what is the ghost-dog's name?
1. The Great Pumpkin
3. A rock
5. Freddy Krueger
6. He was burned alive
7. A nun
8. Johnny Depp
9. One, two, Freddie's coming for you. Three, four, better lock your door. Five, six, grab your crucifix. Seven, eight, better stay up late. Nine, ten, never sleep again.
10. Friday the 13th
11. c) 400 years in the future
12. Camp Crystal Lake
15. b) the lakeshore strangler
16. A homeless man
19. A clown doll
21. the t.v.
22. Jamie Lee Curtis
23. Toronto (it was Canadian, after all)
24. They were responsible for the death of a little girl
25. Michael Myers
26. William Shatner
27. Answers vary. Could include Carrie, Cat's Eye, Children of the Corn, Christine, Creepshow, Cujo, The Dark Half, The Dead Zone, Pet Cemetary, The Night Flier, The Shining, The Silver Bullet
28. pig blood